Canada Fund for Local Initiatives 2014-2015 - Call for Proposals
The Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) provides direct funding assistance to community groups, non-government organizations, peoples organizations and in exceptional cases, international NGOs, and government institutions for small projects addressing governance, democracy, capacity-building, economic, and other social development issues. The Embassy of Canada in Croatia is responsible for the CFLI program in Kosovo.
The Embassy of Canada is launching a call for proposals for CFLI. The call for proposals seeks projects that are of a maximum duration of four months (with activities completed by February 28, 2015). Requests for core funding will not be considered. The average contribution is expected to be in the range of CAD $10,000-$20,000 for each individual project. Larger or smaller projects may be considered on an exceptional basis, with appropriate justification for use of funds. Once a thorough assessment of your application is complete, you will be notified of the decision. There is no need to contact the Embassy for updates on the status of your application. Please note the deadline for proposal submission is Friday, October 17, 2014. Proposals received after this date will not be considered.
Proposals submitted for funding must relate to one of the priorities below:
- Protecting human rights and fundamental freedoms, including religious freedom and sexual and gender minority rights;
- Preventing sexual violence and early forced marriage;
- Supporting democratic transition and expanded democratic participation, particularly by women and minority groups;
- Entrenching the rule of law and combatting the destabilizing impact of crime and corruption, including through security sector capacity building;
- Strengthening economic governance, including building free markets and an effective enabling environment for business.
Applications must meet specific requirements, found within the application form. To download an application form and for further details on the program, please see the documents below.
To submit a proposal, please complete the Application Form and send by email by Friday, October 17, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals received after this date will not be considered.